So unbelievable to think that was a year ago...an entire year has almost gone by since Robinson was born (you do realize that our little charmer is 11 months old, right?!) It seems like yesterday to me...the memories are still so vivid. I can still actually smell the hospital and NICU smells. I hear a beep on tv and my mind flashes back to the alarms in the NICU at Robinson's bedside. I guess I'm going to have a lot of these flashbacks within the next month. I think it's probably only natural. Just humor me as I type them out for you leading up to Robinson's big day....I think it helps the healing process of letting people in on what's going on in my thoughts. I know I have not been the best at "sharing my feelings" in my lifetime, but I think that's something that I need to change. I know keeping all of these memories and emotions bottled up can not be good for me...I've already noticed that the past few weeks. I'm a little more anxious; a little more worried about Robinson- over the silliest things...I'm blowing things way out of proportion. And I think it's because this time last year everything was perfect and then it all changed within a blink of an eye...I'm just scared of it happening again.
As far as Robinson is going, he's doing great. He's moving along with his milestones and surprising us every day. He is trying to start to wave, although, I don't think he really gets it yet. He's eating table food a lot better- even feeding puffs and cheerios to himself! He's not liking the baby food anymore, so we are at a crossroads. He's not interested in table food enough, yet, to eat a substantial amount (or it would take us an hour per meal) but he's not really into the baby food anymore either. Any suggestions?? I'm thinking 'it just takes time' is the key and patience is my new friend and enemy!
The title of this post is "Cruisin"...that's because our little man is cruisin all over this house! I really think he is very close to walking and he's pretty fast crawling/cruising. Rian and I are having fun (and getting exhausted) trying to keep up with him. I also wanted to use the title because I feel like we're just cruisin right along...11 months has gone by just like that...it feels way too fast. My 'baby' is starting to look and act like a little boy *sniff* *sniff*
Here are some pictures and videos for your enjoyment-

Can you believe how tall he is getting? He could barely look over this thing a month ago and now he's head and shoulders above it. OH, and you can see his teeth!
Here's the video of Robinson speed crawling
And here's the video of him cruising down the couch
No comments:
Post a Comment