I apologize. With adding therapy sessions, continuing The L.ittle Gy.m and starting Story Time at the local library, I have ZERO time. I'm thinking that I might just retire the blog after Robinson's 2nd bday (which is next Tuesday!!)
To update, though. Therapy is going well. The occupational therapist categorized Robinson's sensory delay as "moderate". Not mild, but definitely not severe. He tested anywhere from an 11 - 18 month old as far as sensory issues were concerned. Fine motor skills he tested well beyond his actual age, so we were very pleased to hear that.
In summary- gross and fine motor skills he's advanced for his age. Cognitively, although, not a true test since his language is behind, but all of the therapists feel that he is at his actual age or beyond in this area because he seems to understand pretty much everything and can figure out how toys work without assistance.
Our main area of focus will be the sensory and speech delays. Although, they feel that the more improvement he makes sensory wise, the more language explosions he will have. He is already way more vocal than he used to be. He uses jargon all day long now. He also says "go" pretty consistently and "hey" or "hi". Overall, we've been very pleased with his therapists and feel like he'll be caught up very quickly.
His birthday party is in a couple of weeks, so I'll make sure to post pics and then I really think I"ll retire the blog. It was mainly for Robinson, and the older he gets, the more active we become. This yields a lot less computer time. So, we'll see...
No comments:
Post a Comment