His Primary Nurse- Crys- she has been with him since the first day he was born- we will miss her so much
In the carseat, getting ready to leave (we left in a cute little outfit that our friends Rebecca and Chad sent to him from Memphis)
His Nana (my mom) holding him when we get home - no hospital gowns!
This is how Rian found Robinson and I the next morning at 7:30 am - it was a rough first night (and yes, I KNOW I look hideous- that's what staying up all night will do for ya)!.
This was taken today- napping in his pack n play- if you are wondering about the blankets...we are trying to keep him elevated for his reflux
All in all, I think he's done really well coming home. We are sticking to the NICU schedule of eating every 3 hours, then we try to keep him awake for about 30 minutes or so, and then he sleeps until his next feeding...we are trying to keep a routine with him, so that his world isn't totally upside down. We have a f/u with the opthamologist for his ROP check up tomorrow afternoon and then we will go to the pediatrician for his NICU f/u on Friday.
I have to say that it IS exhausting...I never knew how much I liked sleep, but somehow you find the energy to do it- ask me in a week, though, and I might be singing a different tune. ;-)
you poor thing. Robert found us the first few days in the same position and Avery isn't nearly as demanding as your precious one.
ReplyDeleteit looks like he's doing great though! I'm so so happy for you!
That is such a hard schedule to keep. I remember feeling like I never got to sleep, and froget about accomplishing anything else. Hopefully you will be able to cut out at least one of the overnight feedings soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things are going well overall though. Congrats on your homecoming!!!