Tuesday, December 1, 2009

To Be Thankful...

It would be redundant of me to write an entire post on what I am most thankful for this year. It's pretty obvious in everything I write that I am thankful for my wonderful, healthy son and my family.

This Thanksgiving, though, I was reminded of how thankful I am for having a large, loving extended family. My Dad's side of the family has a reunion every Thanksgiving- has for years, before I was even born. It used to be at my great grandmother's old Southern plantation style house in West Central AL (Boligee). After she passed away in the 80's, it was moved down to the Gulf Coast. There are a number of us that live down here, plus it is a chance for every one else to get a mini vacation. The beach is beautiful in November-the weather is always great and it's a fantastic time. There were about 60 people this year- usually it's closer to 100, but every one is getting older/getting their own extended families so sometimes we have a smaller crowd.

It was special this year, because last year was the 1st time since I was born that I was not able to attend. Robinson had just been out of the NICU a month and it's RSV season. There was no way our pediatrician was clearing us to go down to a house full of people. It was hard staying home, but it was best for the little guy. This year we went and had an absolute blast. I have one of the most amazing families- they have been so supportive of Robinson and had prayer groups all over the Southeast for us. It was so wonderful for us to be able to see all of them and let them meet our little miracle. It was a beautiful milestone and I look forward to many years with all of them!

Here are some pictures from the weekend: Caveat- I won't have any pictures of the above mentioned extended family... as a blogger, I feel a real responsibility to not post pictures of people that I don't have their permission- especially if they have little ones. I feel like it's an invasion of their privacy to post their faces on the world of bloggers/web without them being aware- lol....soooo...it will just be the immediate family. But you can see how happy we are!






Family Picture- Robinson's outfit was so cute. It had smocked turkeys on the jon jon... I got it from windmill kids- they have great smocked outfits for less than $30!
Mommy and Robinson
w/ Nana
Uncle James reading me a story

w/ Uncle James on the beach
w/ Mommy
walking...
w/ Uncle Josh and Aunt Rachelle

He loved walking in the sand

Playing with Mommy on the beach
The Iron Bowl- we are definitely a House Divided!
This picture was taken the week before Thanksgiving, but I thought it was so cute how he fell asleep in the car!


For some perspective: My brother took this picture of Robinson LAST year at Thanksgiving- "we've come a long way, Baby!"

2 comments:

  1. So Robinson's sweet hair still cracks me up! =) That Windmill Kids outfit is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SO good to see you and I'm so happy we finally got to meet Robinson! I think him and Olivia will have much fun in the years to come. They both seem to have big personalities!

    ReplyDelete