Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spring Oh Spring...Where Art Thou??



This winter has sucked a big one. Yep...I said it.




I'm tired of cold weather.




I'm tired of chances of snow/sleet/ice.




I live in the Deep South for a reason- cold weather and I are not friends. We are also learning that Robinson and cold weather do not mix as well. You probably guessed what is coming next...Robinson is sick again. ARGH




It started Saturday night. He woke up screaming for no apparent reason and cried off and on for 45 minutes, even with me holding him. He couldn't be consoled, so I just brought him to bed with us. He finally fell back asleep but was very restless. Sunday morning, the sneezing and running nose started and by Tuesday, it was thick gross and gushing. Off to the doctor we went.




The good news is that it's just a head cold so far this time. Lungs were clear and no wheezing. We still have to do a nebulizer treatment at night and in the morning. The doctor said, given Robinson's history, this will help keep his airways open. Also, no ear or sinus infection so no antibiotics are needed.




The bad news- he's running a constant fever of about 100; he's crankier than all get out; he's very clingy; and is on an eating/drinking/nap strike, because the boy can't breathe. I can not believe the amount of stuff that is coming out of his nose....I feel so sorry for him. He can't sleep, because when he lies down, all that gunk drains and chokes him. Ugh...it's just so painful to see him like this. We are alternating Tylenol/Motrin every 4-6 hours...not necessarily for the fever, but just to help the pressure/pain so that he can eat/drink at least a little bit.




If you've lost count, this is his 3rd cold since December. Enough already. Where is the warm weather so that my little man can run and play outside?




He's tired. Mommy's tired.




At least his Poppa Jim has been here this week to keep him company. We're sorry that Poppa had to have surgery, but it's been nice having him around. Robinson will not leave his side.




So, that's all I've got today. No witty commentary. No funny stories about the silly things Robinson is doing. I got nothing. I'm running on fumes, typing with one hand and given Winter the finger with the other!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm giving winter the finger as well...like you said this is the south...we aren't supposed to have to deal with this!
    I hope Robinson gets better very soon, and you get a break!

    ReplyDelete