Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Random Ramblings

It's tax season.  This means that Rian gets home around 7pm (yay) so that he can spend time with Robinson before bedtime.  Afterwards, though, he is locked up in his office working until 11pm or later (boo).  This means that the main computer is occupied.  I'm blogging a la laptop which is fine for words, but let's face it, I know the real reason you visit my blog...pictures of the handsome boy!  So...posts will be few and far between until after April 15th -  Tonight, you get random ramblings....and go!

**kids clothes annoy me.  Robinson is tall and SKINNY, so he needs a size 3T for length, but it looks like the clothes are swallowing him, because he doesn't have the chunkiness of a 3T.  Seriously?!  When you're a child, designers expect/want you to be chunky, but by gosh when you become an adult you better be the skinniest size X you can be or you can forget about breathing. 

**I am so tired of cold weather.  Thank goodness it is starting to warm up around here.  If I ever thought I could move further north, this Winter has taught me otherwise.  I am not a cold weather girl.  Bring on the sundresses and mojitos!

**Robinson is entering the terrible 2's and is throwing so many tantrums a day that I've lost count.  To be honest, I find them funny...yes, I get frustrated, but the faces this kid makes and I swear he is cursing me out in 'Robinson language'...it's hilarious.

**Health Care reform is pi$$ing me off....this bill is not going to solve anything and will actually increase premiums for people like you and me and will cut some physicians off at the knees.  I worked with/for doctors.  Anyone who complains about how much they make needs to be on call 24/7 and work the hours they do.  If you calculated their hourly rate by the number of hours they actually work, it would be WAY lower than minimum wage.  So, to me, they deserve that big paycheck and I think trying to cut their reimbursement even more is ridiculous.  Try tort reform  for malpractice suits and insurance/medicare fraud for your big government change-  THIS is where we need a reform!!  I could go on and on, but I'll spare you.

**I feel guilty that I'm still paying on loans from 2 graduate degrees that I don't even use.  I'm loving staying at home and we are lucky that we were able to swing it (BARELY and it SUCKS big time as far as our budget is concerned) but it was the best thing for Robinson, and he is worth every corner cut and cursing of the check book.  However, my old career is not something that I'll probably ever be able to get a job in again after taking this long break, so I'm trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up :)

**Eventhough I'm working out like a mad woman, it's been 3 weeks and I have yet to lose a pound.  Apparently my body doesn't understand the definition of motivation and the fact that I need a little positive reinforcement from time to time.  So tonight, as I type, I am eating some chocolate ice cream-  no comments, please.

**My blood pressure tanked again and my heart rate is staying at a higher than desired level so I get to try to cut my medicine in 1/2 to see if that helps.  This is good news and possibly means that we've found the reason for my high blood pressure.  This medicine helps relax/open the renal arteries so my issues are in my kidneys- which also correlates with pre-eclampsia.  And I'm on a lower than nothing dosage now, so that is very good news. For once in a long time, my blood pressure is really low without making me feel lethargic and having to take a beta blocker or anxiety medicine.  Bad news is that this particular magic pill that is the cure all for my high blood pressure is highly dangerous for pregnancy and can cause serious birth defects-  just another kick in the gut that my body can't handle/attacks me being pregnant...'thank you sir, may I have another' comes to mind.

**I read about the # of stages of grief and how they apply to situations as well.. I definitely think that I'm grieving the lost chance of another pregancy-  I was in the denial stage, and now I'm in the anger stage- hence the kind of the negative post tonight, which I apologize for.  When I talked to Rian about it, he said "at least your progressing"-  Did I mention how much I love my husband and how he is so perfect for me? :)

**And just so you don't go through withdrawals....




HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your health, I really hope you get to feeling better soon! I'm glad you have been able to stay at home, I know that was tough decision-wise, but you've seemed so much happier since! And Robinson is a DOLL!! OMG!! :) So adorable. Good luck with the "terrible 2's"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of Robinson! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Circo brand clothes from Target and Children's Place (although I'm not a fan of the Children's Place's new designs) for skinny baby clothes. Also Gap is usually "skinny". I have the same problem with Olivia.

    ReplyDelete