Sunday, March 7, 2010

Finding My Happy Place

I would love to be able to show you new pictures of our little man, or spout off some great stories of this past week.  But honestly, this past week has been boring....and I've LOVED it!  In the past 2 years, we have honestly had very few days, weeks or months that could be described as boring.  Rian is still in tax season, working his booty off.  It's tough this tax season because I have to keep a toddler entertained for more than 12 hours every day, which is not easy.  However, the increasing presence of the sun and warmer temperatures have helped immensely.  

Having a boring week made me realize that we are about to jump headfirst into Wedding Season- and no, not in the "Wedding Crashers" way!  Rian and I have been graciously invited to FIVE weddings this Spring and three rehearsal dinners.  Rian and I are in two of the weddings and three of the weddings are in March.  Yep, every weekend from now until the 2nd weekend of May will be consumed by weddings.  Now, I am one of those girls that truly does love weddings.  I loved planning mine; I love helping friends with ideas suggestions.  It's a magical day to me.  One in which the primary purpose is to celebrate a lifelong commitment that two people are making.  In a world full of negativity and cynicism, it is truly a breath of fresh air to me to attend a wedding- especially when they are good friends.  We are truly excited to say that some of our best friends will be taking the walk down the beautiful aisle in a few short weeks. 

Thinking about these weddings made me realize that I actually have to dress up and put away the yoga pants and tshirts for some time.  Wow...To say that being a stay at home mom has made me become 'lax' in my fashion is truly an understandment.  Top it off with the still added baby weight poundage I have going and you can see why I had a mini panic attack when saying out loud "what the hell am I going to wear?"  And then of course, I have to laugh at myself, because if that question is my most pressing issue, then life is good. 

But now back to reality...so, I seriously have zilch to wear.  The few dresses that I bought last summer are way too big now (a good thing) but I'm still not in my pre-pregnancy clothes (a bad thing).  That means dress shopping means, hello 30 Day Shred!  haha...I have found my motivation to work out.  I am so motivated that I work out with Robinson wide awake standing right beside me.  He thinks it's hilarious to see Mommy jumping up and down, sweating like it's 500 degrees and breathing like I've smoke 3 packs a day for 20 some odd years!  He jumps on me as I do push ups and walks on my stomach during abs. 

And you know what?  I feel great!  I have missed working out.  I know that sounds cliche, but to those who have known me, they know what a huge part of my life exercise has always been.  The past 2 years, though, it has taken a FAR back seat on the road called life.  It's hard to get back into a routine when you are a mother, a wife and are you yourself not feeling the best or in great health.  I have a new found respect for every mother who has uttered the phrase "I just don't have time"...because you don't, really.  You have to make time, and when you make the time, something else does not get done.  And that's hard.  As a mother and a wife, you feel like a caretaker and you feel guilty that your child is not getting 100% of your attention for 30 minutes.

But I made the time for 4 days this week, and I am happier and feeling better than I have felt in a long time. 

And that will make me a better mother and a better wife. 

Now, if I could just lose 20 pounds in a week so that shopping will be a little bit easier!  *wink*

p.s. if there are any misspelled words, I apologize...where the heck did 'spellcheck' go in the new formatting on blogspot??!

3 comments:

  1. That's great, Jackie! I'm so happy for you. I need to dust off my 30 Day Shred. Thanks for the motivation. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- what a busy time! Glad it's motivated you. Rub some of that off on me please =) Just can't seem to get my lazy butt back into running regularly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you pass on the magical motivation dust? I know I gotta do it, but knowing and doing are two different things. I am glad you are starting to feel better :)

    ReplyDelete