Friday, April 23, 2010

Fun Friday

The weather has been absolutely beautiful down here and Robinson and I have enjoyed every minute.  We start out each morning with a 2 mile walk around the neighborhood.  In the afternoon we usually go to the outside mall close by or a park to get out a little more.  Robinson would rather be outside than inside any day- which I love. 

Not much new to report... Robinson is still not saying much.  His 2 year old molars are coming in, though, which is causing him a lot of discomfort and sleeping through the night is a thing of the past.  All week, he has woken up from about 230am - 430 or 5am.  Needless to say we are a little tired here and ready for these silly teeth to come through.  We are also working on Robinson not throwing a tantrum when he hears the word "no".  lol

Like I said, Robinson's expressive language is pretty non existent, but his receptive language is rockin.  He understands everything we say and follows directions very well.  The other day, he was chasing Rian through the house and I heard this loud crash and immediate crying.  Robinson ran over to me and I asked him what happened.  He grabbed my hand and in slow motion showed me how he ran into the china cabinet and where he bumped his head.  Sure enough, there was a large red knot that was forming exactly where he showed me that he hit.  So, I KNOW he understands and comprehends, so I'm really hoping we have a language explosion soon.  We go for our developmental appt May 12th and I will ask for a speech eval, even if they don't think he'll qualify. 

Some pictures in a cute new outfit and Robinson's first pair of big boy sandals!

I call this his movie star look :)
Playing outside
This is a Poppa Jim look!
Running Around
These are some flowers outside our front door...I'm just so excited that I haven't killed them yet!

2 comments:

  1. Omigoodness Jackie, he is AWESOME! Love those expressions and Robinson is certainly a smart little guy with his communication skills (sounds like he is expressive...just his expressive language that you're waiting on- he's really a sharp dude and I'm super impressed!)
    Hope the eval goes well next month & that you receive the accomodations needed/wanted!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, he is SOOO cute! I love the pictures!

    Let me know if you figure out how to avoid the tantrums. I could sure use some suggestions. :)

    Hope the eval goes great!

    ReplyDelete