I know now how every mother of a little boy must feel when she hears those words, "Mom, I'd like you to meet ____". Robinson is 9 months old and I'm already dreading it, because to me, he will always be my little boy.
He will forever be the little boy that loves watching The Backyardigans, but has to have me sitting beside him so that he can hold my hand.

He will forever be the little boy that however much Rian tries to get him to sleep beside him at night, he awalys inches his way back over to me and has to have his hand on my chest so that he feels my heartbeat.
He will forever be my little man and I know it will break my heart the day that I realize that someone else is his #1. So, I'll soak in every day with my snuggle bunny and cherish these days, but I know, deep down, that I will always see him as my sweet, sensitive little boy who loves his Momma so.
Some Sadness...


He will forever be the little boy that when he wakes up from a nap, looks at me with those huge baby blues and gets the biggest smile on his face as if to say, "ah, you're still here".
He will forever be the little boy that however much Rian tries to get him to sleep beside him at night, he awalys inches his way back over to me and has to have his hand on my chest so that he feels my heartbeat.
He will forever be my little man and I know it will break my heart the day that I realize that someone else is his #1. So, I'll soak in every day with my snuggle bunny and cherish these days, but I know, deep down, that I will always see him as my sweet, sensitive little boy who loves his Momma so.
Some Sadness...
Please keep The Spohr Family in your prayers and thoughts today as they attend the funeral service for their beautiful daughter, Madeline. They lost Maddie very unexpectedly last week. It was just a little cough and some congestion- she was 17 months old.
If you ever have to wonder why I'm such a germaphobe or a little bit neurotic, it is because this is my worst nightmare. Preemies are so fragile. You are supposed to feel like you can breathe a little easier once they hit that year milestone, but that's not always the case. I can not even begin to imagine the pain and emptiness this family must be feeling. A fellow preemie mom directed me to their blog, and I am just truly hurting for them. I know God has His reasons, and I respect that, but sometimes, it's really hard to understand how events such as this can happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment