I had been researching little "adventures" for Robinson and I to go on during the day. We were going to start music classes, attend story time, go the zoo in Gulf Shores, go the beach, walk by the Bay...He's getting bored at the house- and frankly, so I am. I feel like these walls are closing in on me. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am not the hermit type. I like being out- going, going, going. Our neighbors used to joke that at first he would pick up our paper on the weekends for us, but he got tired because we were gone ALL OF THE TIME. hahaha...and we were...we like to go places.
RSV season had us in hibernation. And in the past month and a half that I've been home, I've literally been out of the house about 4 times- it's unnerving. Robinson is going crazy too. I gave him a toy the other day and he looked at me and sighed like "this one again". haha. I know he needs more stimulation, but RSV season was bad this year, so we had to stay inside.
May was supposed to make it all better.
It was the light at the end of the LOOOOONG tunnel.
The swine flu had to go and screw all of that up. Before you laugh at me, no, I'm not paranoid- yet. From what I've read the swine flu is pretty much like every other strain of flu and if you don't get treatment, it can get really bad. I'm not worried about myself- my worry revolves around Robinson. This flu, just like any other flu, could be very serious for him- mostly b/c it's very hard to treat an infant for these types of illnesses and they're very hard on their respiratory system. Compound that by the fact that he is a preemie with immature lungs and yeah, it's like starting RSV season all over again.
Until this gets under control, no story times; no zoo; definitely no music classes; and it even puts a damper in church. You see, we haven't been able to go to church during RSV season and we won't be able to go until this flu gets a little more 'stable'. The problem, though, is we already have Robinson's Christening set for Mother's Day. This stresses me out. There are now 2 confirmed swine flu cases in North Alabama. Church is a dome of germs. So, we will still have his Christening, but I'm sorry to be a scrooge. Other than the minister and Rian and I- nobody at church will be able to hold him or touch him. It's too risky because I can't shower everyone with hand sanitizer. And I'm really sorry...I know a lot of people were looking forward to holding him, laughing with him, etc. But you'll have to do it from a few steps away. We simply can not take any chances- we've come too far.
So, swine flu, you have officially ruined our beginning to Spring. To everyone out there- you'll be fine, just wash your hands. I swear, if everyone in America followed the NICU guidelines for handwashing there wouldn't be such pandemics in this country. B/C let's face it...these things are passed from person to person because people are not diligent about washing their hands, and touch door knobs and sneeze in their hands and the air, etc. I wish I could pass out pamphlets on the proper way to wash hands.....and I wish I could give the swine flu the big double forearm clap like they used to on "Friends"!
Okay, so I promised pictures...and I always follow through on promises...
Remember Mr. Bear? Here is his 9 month picture

"Mom, look, no hands!"

This is the sweetest smile you will ever see...

He is getting so big

This is an outfit his Uncle James got him and it is so cute on Robinson. He looks like a little football player.

He's getting more hair too!

I got a new Cannon Rebel Camera which is soooo nice. Yet, I'm still trying to figure out all of the tricks. These next two pictures are after my first self taught lesson about how to keep the person in focus and blur the background in order to make more of a 'portrait' type picture. What do you think?

I love the "Friends" reference..awesome!
ReplyDeleteRobinson is so adorable, I can't stand it! He's so grown up!! I love his little smile!
Robinson is getting so big! Can you believe how fast they are growing? We don't go back to the pediatrician until mid-May (the last time we were there was mid-February) but I am going to ask about switching Brandon to the enfamil next step too since he is only drinking between 20-24 ounces now. How many meals did the doctor tell you to start feeding Robinson? I am nervous about starting to go into public with Brandon...especially with the swine flu. I am going to be careful with where I take him until it dies down. I did call the pediatrician and pulminologist and both said it is ok to take him out but to just use common sense and wash my hands and not take him anyplace that is too germy. The black and white picture on my blog was an accident. I didn't realize that my camera even took black and white pictures and it was accidentally set to it. But I am glad I found out because I love black and white pictures so I plan on starting to take more.
ReplyDelete