I've always known that, but this week, they once again went above and beyond. It has been a hard month, because Robinson is transitioning food/meals; he's teething; we're trying to transition to the crib; and his bowels are not the most regular because of all of these factors (yes, I'm one of those mom's that talks about my kid's poop...).
We had our first non checkup trip to the pediatrician last week because Robinson just seemed to be breathing fast and his reflux seemed to have gotten worse. Verdict = little man was just constipated, which was causing pressure on everything. He's always had issues in this department, even in the NICU, so it wasn't really surprising. We now have to give him a little juice/water/Miralax cocktail twice a day until he becomes more 'regular'. Just in the past day, I can tell that he feels so much better and he's eating better (crossing fingers) so hopefully this will help him in some areas. The good news is that he grew a 1/2 inch in 2 weeks- he's now 28 inches long and almost 19 pounds!
I've been very stressed this week, thinking it was something more serious....So, it's been a rough week... Rian was gone to Biloxi to go see Glenn Campbell in concert with his mother yesterday. My parents came over to see Robinson and just sit with me. UPS arrived with a huge box around 6pm. I honestly thought Rian had bought some stupid hunting accessory and didn't pay that much attention. When I went out to get the take out we'd ordered for dinner, I finally looked at the box and noticed it was The BOB Stroller!! If any of you have seen "Little Miss Sunshine", I seriously could have had a similar reaction to when the little girl found out she was in the pageant- aka- screaming at the top of my lungs! haha This is the CADILLAC of all strollers and I've had my eye on it for some time. It's a jogging stroller, technically, but you can easily use it for every day because it's so versatile and it's a GREAT ride for babies. It has shock absorption and multi position/reclining seat, plus the front wheel can swivel or lock, so it's great for walking and jogging. It is an amazing gift and I have to say a very special thank you to:
Madison, Melissa, Coretta, my parents and Rian for getting together behind my back and buying me this unbelievable gift- just because. It was so thoughtful and I could not believe their generosity. I love you all!
Our 1st adventure with The BOB was to the Gulf Shores Zoo. My Dad had bought my mom a 'tiger encounter' for Mother's Day. You basically get to play with the baby tiger cubs at the zoo for X amount of time. We headed down there this afternoon and had a great time. The stroller was wonderful- completely shaded Robinson and he had fun looking at all of the animals. He even fell asleep in it towards the end- so it must have been comfortable. He did cry once when the larger goat came up to him at the fence and started "talking" to him. It scared him a little and, I'll be honest, made us giggle a lot! They have numerous goats, deer, etc, but they do have their share of exotic animals with a surprising amount of lions and tigers and bears- oh my! ;-P
Here are some pictures from the day...enjoy!
Me and Robinson in The BOB

He was very excited when we started walking outside

Robinson with Poppa Jim







We have the Bob stroller too and I love it.
ReplyDeleteyea for Robinson! we love our BOB too, you'll get great use out of it Jackie =)
ReplyDeletePS I can't believe y'all have only had 1 non-wellness visit...we've had 3 already & Madon's just 3.5 months!