Saturday, May 9, 2009

C.R.A.W.L.I.N.G!

I finally got him on video! Now, I know it's not pretty and perfect, but the kid IS moving! He will just get better with practice and he loves that he can get to toys across the floor now. Robinson is really getting more mobile each day. He wanted to stand against the ottoman this morning and I let go of him and he starts trying to cruise down the side of it! He frequently tries to jump out of my arms when I'm holding him and he will NOT sit down and play. He is constantly moving and trying to stand, and therefore tumbling all over the place. He's already hit his head on the entertainment center because he was trying to roll away from me. He has NO fear, which, as a mother, terrifies me, but also make me smile at the same time. I guess I should get used to having a boy, huh?

In other news, we are trying to get out more. Robinson and I went to the Eastern Shore Center on Friday and walked around. He loved Barnes and Nobles and, of course, we had to buy him a new book while we were there. Everyone who saw him 'ooohed and awed' at how cute he is....and I tried to hold myself back from tackling people when they would reach to touch him. Seriously, it's like when total strangers want to rub your belly when you are pregnant. Why do people have NO boundaries when it comes to pregnancy or babies?? I even had his bright red stop sign on his stroller that says "Please Wash Your Hands Before You Touch Mine"...I did get a couple of mothers that commented on how cool the sign was and how they wished they had one for their children. At least some people respected his personal space! I will say, though, that the one cooky lady that did touch him, only touched his feet. I made sure that I needed to adjust his straps so that she couldn't get to his hands. I realize that I'm neurotic and you're more than welcome to laugh, but it seriously freaks me out that people I don't even know feel that it's okay to walk up to you in a store and touch/play with my baby....it equally freaked me out when people would rub my belly while I was pregnant. I must have a thing about personal space, huh?! ;-)

Anyway, I digress...

Today, Rian and I took Robinson to the outlet malls in Foley. My parents met us there because they wanted to walk around with him. He got to ride his first carousel and seemed to enjoy it immensely. No, I didn't have my camera on me- lesson learned. You never know when a first will happen! All in all, he does great on the outings- except for now eatings have become a real chore. He will eat any of the solid food you put in front of him, but bottles- ugh. It is a hassle to say the least. He's down to 3-4 bottles a day and I can honestly say we feel like it's a good day if he takes 1 or 2 of them without fussing. He will clamp his lips shut, turn his head and or just generally be interested in something else. I know he's getting older and doesn't like the bottle, but he doesn't seem interested in learning the sippy cup any faster and the formula is still where his nutrition is so it's non-negotiable. I tried to reason with him, but he just grunted and smacked me in the face! haha Oh well, only a couple of more months and maybe we'll get to switch to milk and be finished with the whole formula thing. I really think that he is just developing taste buds and anybody that has smelled formula knows that it can NOT possibly taste good...so my man just has a delicate palate.

On other food fronts, we tried meat this week and I quickly realized that this will be one baby food that I make for Robinson. It looks, smells and probably tastes like dog food. I know that it has to in order to be processed and stored in a jar, but seriously...Robinson gave me this look like 'what the he!! was that??' and promptly gagged. haha- so, it looks like Mommy is going to be baking some chicken and getting out the trusty food processor to help the little guy know what real meat tastes like!

We have Robinson's Christening in the morning which should be beautiful and we had some professional pictures done a couple of weeks ago that should be ready next week. So, you will be bombarded with pictures soon!

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy Robinson's christening today. I was laughing when I was readsing your entry because it is so Brandon. He mastered clamping down his lips on the nipple a few weeks ago and HATED chicken too. I plan on making it and putting it in the food processor too. Brandon also does not want to sit but rather move. He is trying so hard to crawl and is starting to SLOWLY move. Isn't it nice to finally be taking them out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe is is crawling so well!!!! I am so proud of him. He really has come a long way.

    ReplyDelete