Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day and Robinson's Christening

My first Mother's Day was a huge success. Let me tell you, though, now that we can get out and about...I love it AND I hate it. haha- I never knew how much work and how exhausting outings with an infant can be for the parents! We did manage to get up and get ready this morning and make it to the church on time. Robinson looked absolutely adorable in his outfit and was so good during the service. I only had to walk out once with him and that was just because he was getting tired. He loved the music of course and also loved people watching. I have to admit that I got teary during his baptism- we haven't been able to go to church since he was born and seeing some of the same people that came to see us in the hospital just brought back so many memories and made me so grateful for where we all are today.

For my first Mother's Day present, Robinson got Mommy a mini chopper for the kitchen that I have had my eyes on and a Starbucks gift card! Even if we don't have anywhere to go, that has been mine and Robinson's adventure of choice in the early afternoon- just a little something to get out of the house.

Here are some pictures from church today. Obviously, I STILL don't look like myself, but I'm slowly coming back. But the little guy is just adorable! :) And I apologize, we didn't get any good family pictures. They were off balance or out of focus (the lighting in the church is different) so, sadly, we have no pictures of the 3 of us. Maybe somebody got some along the way...

I hope everyone had a beautiful Mother's Day!







He is just getting cuter every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment